Freshman Admission Requirements
A "freshman" is a student who has finished, or is set to finish secondary school, but has not enrolled in any college or university course work after their secondary school completion.
The priority filing dates for admission to the College of Coastal Georgia are June 1 for fall enrollment and October 1 for spring enrollment. Applying after the priority filing deadlines, while acceptable, may limit your course registration and on-campus housing options. The following are required components of a complete international freshman application for admission:
- Online application form
- One-time $25.00 application fee
- Official translated and evaluated high school and college transcripts
- Immunization record (submit the required Certification of Immunization Form no later than three weeks after classes have begun)
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL [paper exam - 523 / computer exam - 193], IBT [69)], or IELTS )
- Official SAT scores (Critical Reading - 430 / Mathematics - 400) or
- Official ACT scores (English - 17 / Mathematics - 17)
- Copy of current passport and previous visa, if available
- Proof of health insurance - use this link to create an online account, enroll online, apply for a waiver, or access our medical health information: https://www.uhcsr.com/CCGA
Because additional processing time is required, international students should submit the admissions application and all supporting documents at least ninety days prior to the desired semester of enrollment. The College determines admissibility of international applicants only after all required admissions documents have been received.
DEMONSTRATING FINANCIAL RESOURCESAccording to U.S. government regulations, all applicants who need a student visa to study in the U.S. must demonstrate they have sufficient funds to pay for tuition costs and living expenses while at attending the College of Coastal Georgia. This can be achieved by submitting bank statements, certificates of balance, scholarship/waiver letters or any combination of the three.